tour routes & dates |
common questions | apply to ride | ask us a question
| our center
|Willamette Valley Permaculture & Sustainability Tour |
- Visit an innovative restaurant that has used the art of cob building to create a unique environment. We will assist in a cob-building activity while here.
- Hike through ancient forest stands and learn about forest health and politics from an environmental watchdog group.
- Camp at a fruit orchard in the shadow of Mt. Piska, and learn about applied permaculture, organic farming and the economic realities of this business practice.
- Visit a bee keeping and cheese making farm.
- Visit the Lost Valley Education Center, world-renowned for its permaculture and deep ecology teachings.
- Be inspired at the innovative intentional community, Aprovecho, where wood stove technology is being developed and shared with the global south to increase efficiency and decrease smoke production and firewood consumption.
Click here for links to further information on our hosts.
Please note: The reality of host logistics makes it impossible to absolutely confirm an itinerary. The above are planned events but are subject to change as necessary.
Route & Mileage:
Ride to Champoeg, OR and south on the Willamette Valley Scenic Bikeway into the towns of Eugene, Cottage Grove, and Dexter. A number shorter rides allow us to visit hosts in this area and then continue north back to Portland. The majority of the biking days will be 30-50 miles/day. There will be some non biking activity days and some shorter ride days between hosts. Total mileage ~300 miles.
July 1 - July 16
August 5 - August 20
(The above dates include the weekend prior to each trip for the required training. Please plan on arriving in Portland by Friday 6/30 or 8/4 for the training Saturday morning.)
$1775 tour cost + $120 registration fee, whichcovers:
sign up early and save! Pay just $750 (plus $120 registration) by signing up early!
- A comprehensive two-day training preceding the trip covering the following:
- Anti-oppression trainings
- Basic first-aid
- Basic bike maintenance
- Much, much more
- Service projects with hosts working on sustainability & progressive thinking.
- Three balanced & nutritious meals daily that are mostly locally-sourced, organic and vegan during both the training and the length of the ride.
- A Support-and-Gear (SAG) vehicle that carries all group and individual gear except that needed on the road with riders (snacks, water, camera, patch kits, etc.)
- Comprehensive directions and maps of the route.
Space is limited, so sign up now!